Sunday, October 28, 2012

Elder Winters - October 24, 2012 Temple!

[Editor's note: Daniel's birthday is November 15th.  I know that he would be delighted to hear from as many of you as possible!  His address is 
CA Anaheim Mission
2500 N. Bristol St.
Santa Ana, CA  92706
Just one stamp and you'll make his day!

Also, sorry for the delay, Daniel emailed Wednesday and I was out of town and didn't have access to the email list.]

你好 everyone, and welcome to Wednesday's super short version.  We're going to the temple today, so time is short.  

This week we've been knocking a little more than usual.  That's fine; as my good friend Jacob Guest put it, it builds character.  I am actually enjoying it a lot, because in case you didn't know, there are a ton of interesting people in this world.  In just ten doors we found an ex-Mormon whose grandfather was a polygamist - who would've thought?  Also, on another of our escapades, we knocked into about twenty non-Chinese people in a row, and it wasn't until the very last door that we found a Chinese woman and her daughter.  That was a good thing, too, mainly because we got kicked out of the complex right afterwards.  I try to get my lawyer skills on (I mean, after all, I did empty the garbage and shred documents for a law firm for three months) and said that we weren't soliciting because we weren't selling anything.  The proper term for what we are doing is canvassing, which is sharing ideas for free.  Come partake of the feast of milk and honey without money and without price.  Anyway, for more information on this case, Google "Winters v. U.S. Supreme Court."  

This mission is changing me constantly.  It has been an enormous blessing in my life, and I am so grateful for what God has done for me ever since this started.  This work is true, and those wonderful prepared people are out there, searching for the truth.  Heavenly Father is directing this work, even if He has to use instruments like me to do it.

Have a great week, everyone.

- E. DBW

No comments:

Post a Comment