Monday, November 25, 2013

Elder Daniel Winters - November 25, 2013 Final Email


Hello, everyone.  It's my last email to you all, at least on my mission.  I have loved my mission experience.  It has changed my life.  I wouldn't trade these past two years for anything in the world.  
I have two years worth of experiences and advice I could share, but I think what would be most valuable to everyone would be to leave you with the truths that have been confirmed in my heart by the Holy Ghost repeatedly over the course of these two years.

I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us.  I know He wants us to succeed and that He has made a perfect plan for us.  I know that He hears and answers our prayers.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know that through His Atonement we have the opportunity of receiving eternal life through our faithfulness.  I know that we can receive strength, grace, and mercy from the Savior's infinite sacrifice.  I know that the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored by a prophet, Joseph Smith.  I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom on the earth.  I know that we are led today by a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation from God.  I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us with an eternal, perfect love.

I want to close with the words of Paul and John, as found in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 and 2 John 1:12, respectively:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day."

"Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full."

- Elder Daniel B. Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment