Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Elder Daniel Winters - November 11, 2013


Hey everybody, I realize I don't have too many more of these emails to write, and unfortunately this will be somewhat short.  I think I'll compensate by just talking to anyone on the phone in a few weeks about what has transpired in these last weeks of my mission.  I'd list my cell phone number, but I forgot it, so that doesn't work.  My mom might know, though.  

I had a pretty humbling experience this week in terms of Chinese eloquence.  No, make that two.  the first one was when a bunch of Chinese people were all talking about a ton of political stuff and other jargon that I just didn't have the vocabulary for.  I just had to smile and nod when it seemed appropriate.  The second experience came when I was called upon in Gospel Principles class to summarize the parable of the ten virgins.  Yeah, don't expect me to sound like a native when I am back.

It was a great week - we had a bunch of experiences testifying to us that God truly is aware of us and is striving His best to help us in His own way.  All I can say is that when we're living right, God prospers us and we can see that in our lives.  He makes it visible so that we'll have greater motivation to live according to His plan to make it back to Him some day.  It's a wonderful thing to teach and invite others to live the same so they can have the same blessings.

Have a great week, everyone.

Elder Daniel B. Winters

Of the California Irvine Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment