Friday, April 26, 2013

Elder Winters - April 22, 2013 Happy Anniversary/Becca coming home!!


[Editor's note: Dear all, sorry for the delay.  David was very excited yesterday because he was able to visit Daniel's branch president in Irvine.  He was even able to meet Elder Hui, an elder Daniel trained several months ago.  Daniel made it very clear that David was NOT to visit him; in fact, he told us to not tell him when David would be in California.  

This is such a lovely tribute to his sister, Rebecca.  Enjoy!]

Hey all, super short today.  I'm getting transferred into the English program, so that was kind of a bummer for me.  Well, I knew it would happen, but when it actually did, I was a lot sadder than I thought I would be.  Like, a lot sadder.  But after prayer and listening to church leaders and my mission president today, I feel an assurance that this is the Lord's will for me at this time.  I know that the Lord's servants can and do receive revelation for us in their callings, and I also know that we are blessed when we accept their counsel.

Last thing.  My sister Rebecca returns home from her mission this Saturday.  I would like to make a shout out to her for being the best example of a missionary as anyone could ever be.  She has influenced my mission in such a way that I cannot fully describe it.  I have felt her testimony, boldness, compassion, charity, and love for the Lord an ocean away, and I know that her mission has been a successful one, one that I hope to emulate in the months I have remaining.  I love this work, I love my family, and I love the Lord.  

Have a good one, everyone.

- Elder Daniel Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment