Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elder Winters - April 1, 2013 Hi! Happy Easter!


Hello everyone, and happy Easter slash April Fool's Day slash my sister's slash my father's slash my cousin's birthday.  Goodness, a lot happened this past weekend.  

This was a great week, culminating in a great Easter Sunday.  One day during this past week we did some super fun service, involving us taking out a bunch of roots, some of which were a foot in diameter.  As I hacked away with fury at the roots with my pickax, I was reminded of how bad shape I am, a point that was strongly reinforced when we recently took turns stepping onto a scale at a member's house and everyone, excluding myself, burst out into laughter when I stepped on.  Anyway, to those interested, I am newly committed to run every day and to not throw out my back at the ripe old age of 20.  

In spiritual news, this Easter season allowed me to reflect much on the Savior's resurrection.  "Easter" in Chinese is "復活節(Fuhuojie)," or "Resurrection Celebration," which is a nice reminder of what the holiday is all about.  After personal contemplation and prayer and receiving a witness from the Holy Ghost, I know that we will all live again because of Jesus Christ.  I witness that our Savior rose from the dead three days after being crucified, and I know that He still lives and He still leads His Church.  Teaching and testifying of this wonderful message at this time is a wonderful blessing in my life.

Have a great week, everyone.

- Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment