Monday, April 8, 2013

Elder Winters - April 8, 2013 總會大會!!


Hello all, I hope you had a great General Conference weekend like I did.  Weren't those talks amazing?  They are all truly God's authorized servants.

One tender mercy I had in one of the sessions during a musical number was being able to be conducted by Sister Hall, my director at BYU.  Plus, I got to see a few familiar faces in the choir, which is always fun. 

I would say one of my favorite talks was that of Elder Kopischke, a member of the Seventy that actually visited our mission a few months ago.  He talked about being accepted of God and how we can know it.  That topic has been weighing on my mind recently, especially in relation to missionary work - particularly, how can I know if the work I done is acceptable to the Lord?  I know that I've definitely made my share of mistakes, even as a missionary (one might say especially as a missionary), but I know that because of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, every one of those mistakes can be overcome by exercising faith unto repentance.  In reading the Book of Mormon, I've been touched by how often the invitation to change and receive mercy has been extended, and I know that it is no accident.  Along with Elder Cardon, I affirm that the Savior wants to forgive, as well as help us in every step of the way of getting better.  I've seen it in my own life and I've seen it in the life of those I've been privileged to teach.

Have an awesome week, the Church is true, on, on to the victory!

- Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment