Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Elder Daniel Winters - September 2, 2013 Transfer day… All my troubles seem so far away


Hey everybody.  I'll keep it short.  Because it's Labor Day.  So I don't want to labor so hard on this email today.  

It's been a rougher week as far as weeks go.  But it's still great, because I'm a missionary.  And what is even greater, I've received guidance from Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost and the scriptures.  Sometimes I'll be prompted to look up a certain scripture, and wonderfully enough it will give me the strength I need to face particular challenges.  As Mormon said, "For thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."

I know Heavenly Father is there, He loves us and will guide us if we ask Him to.  

[Editor's note: Here is another part of his email that I wanted to share that reflects the growth he has experienced as a missionary.  It's been tough finding people (hard enough to find people who speak Chinese, then to find those who are interested in the gospel).
This week has been similar to a roller coaster, with both ups and downs. Our investigators are doing well enough, it's just that we've had a hard time finding this week. It was pretty interesting - I had what seemed like a trial of my faith when during an exchange in which I was in Elder Hui's area we found an elect man who came to church this past Sunday and really enjoyed it. So apparently, I can find people in other people's areas just fine. I think Heavenly Father is really trying to teach me patience and love. He also seems to be trying to teach me how to take joy not only in my own success, but also in the successes of others. I want to be like Alma someday, who said, "But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi. Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward! Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy." I am thankful that Heavenly Father thinks me worthy of giving me these experiences to help me grow and develop.]

Have a wonderful week!

- Elder Daniel Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment