Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Elder Winters - May 6, 2013 阿得可厲害咖更換新版


Hey everyone, I have to be quick.  Happy Early Mother's Day, because next email won't make it in time and early is always better than belated. Unless it's something like a birthday party six months in advance.

Well, it's been pretty awesome here in the English program.  It's quite something getting used to talking to white people all the time.  Although one would think that it would be comfortable and familiar, after over a year in the Chinese it's been a pretty strange transition.  Weird, right?  Well, I'm making the most of it, so it's all good.  

Let me see, something spiritual for this week....let me share a scripture.  Matthew 10:39!
 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

I just want to testify of the truthfulness of this teaching of the Savior. It's a sheer joy to throw yourself in the work of the Savior.  Whenever I feel crummy, it's probably due to me feeling selfish. Of course other people may use their agency in negative ways, but there's always room for improvement, there's always room to grow.  And that's not something to be disappointed about, but we should be happy for the opportunities given to us by our Savior Jesus Christ.  As Elder David A. Bednar put it, "In the strength of the Lord, we can do and endure and overcome all things."

Have a great week, everyone.

- E. DBW




No comments:

Post a Comment