Monday, February 11, 2013

Elder Winters - February 11, 2013 As Becca put it, the Wei Dynasty continues


Hey everybody, and Happy Chinese New Year.  We ended this week with a bang plus a couple of feasts.  Actually, no literal bangs because I guess fireworks are illegal in California.  I did eat my fill of dumplings, duck, chicken, beef, pork, bean sprouts, and goodness knows what else.  All very delicious, though I hope I will still be recognizable when I get back despite the significant weight gain.  

As for the rest of the week, most of it was uneventful due to the fact that I got nailed by the flu.  Bedridden.  It was okay, though, because I got a lot done while I was in bed.  For example, I did quite a bit of science.  One thing I did was prove Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity - I proved that one hour in the middle of the night with the flu is roughly equivalent to one day in real time.  In addition to that, I proved the existence of molecules, mostly because I could feel millions and millions and millions of them smashing into my body whenever I moved or exposed myself from under the covers.  There's just no escaping those molecules.  

The miraculous thing was that I healed up pretty quick, because God still had some work for us to do this week.  Things having been rolling, and I think that this week is the start of the snowball effect.  It was awesome.  Appointments got set up, people got to church, and we were guided every step of the way - we could literally feel it.  It is always an amazing thing to feel that Heavenly Father is using you for His purposes.  I know this is His work, and it's a privilege to participate in it.

Last thing is that my brother got his mission call to Richmond, Virginia, speaking Mandarin as well.  This call makes me happier than I can say.  It turns out the 魏 dynasty must continue.  Best wishes for him.

Have a great week, everyone. 

- Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment