Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elder Winters - January 22, 2013


Hey everyone, I hope all is well wherever you are.  Things are rolling over here, and I am loving it.  It's a little harder to love it when things aren't quite rolling, but it always feels good after a nice, long day of working.

So jumping right to the spiritual news, yes, there was a good ol' baptism this past week.  Sister Hong was baptized and confirmed on the nineteenth and twentieth, I think a month after we met her on the street.  She was definitely prepared by the Lord to meet us and receive the gospel.  I think my favorite part was seeing her come up out of the water with the biggest smile ever.  Missionary work is the best.

In other news, I had another exchange in the Korean program.  At the start of the exchange, I mixed up my words and prayed that our appointments would fall through.  I was trying to ask that they wouldn't fall through, but I guess I was prompted otherwise, because four of them actually did fall through the next day...whoops.  My temporary companion joked that I was so spiritual that even the prayers that we didn't want got answered.  

In exercise news, my companion and I have been playing tennis in the mornings at the court near our apartment.  Actually it usually turns out to be a game of me-trying-to-serve-eight-times while my companion stands there yawning....I'll let you all know if I can ever get the ball over the net.  Tips are welcomed.

Finally, we've been trying to find quite a bit now as our teaching pool has been rapidly diminishing, but we've seen a lot of miracles.  Just yesterday we were knocking in a neighborhood that I don't particularly like knocking in, mostly because the people there either already have a church or they've heard the Christianity story so often that they're fine with keeping Buddhism or Atheism.  But, we got into one of the first houses!  This cool guy from Beijing that was super welcoming.  Yeah.  It was legit, we'll be following up more with him.  Updates to come.  We've got a record number of lessons set up for this week, so it should be a good one.  This work is true, it's amazing to be able to invite others to come unto Jesus Christ.  The gospel's true, so have a great week.

- Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment