Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Elder Winters - March 11, 2013 晚上好


Hello all, it's been an intense week this week.  Biggest news is my new companion, Elder Dahl from Taylorsville, Utah.  He's got awesome Chinese from being straight out of the MTC, so it'll be exciting to work with him.  

In terms of the work, it's going well.  We had an awesome member attend some of our lessons this week, and she just rocked house.  Literally, picture exactly what you think is perfect for a member to say to help someone who is striving to develop a relationship with God, and that is what she said.  Plus, having someone there who is actually fluent in Chinese is a real support.  

Some members invited us to attend their kids' piano recital this past week so we could talk to the Chinese families that would attend.  That wasn't a problem, mostly because outside of Church members and missionaries, everyone there was Asian.  Oh, the memories.  I talked to this thirteen-year old Chinese provincial gold medalist in piano who rocked a piece that I gave up on as a seventeen-year old because it was too hard (Chopin's "Polonaise," anyone?).  Yeah.

Another exciting change is that missionaries can now email non-family members.  I know that my reader base is less than the population of the Yukon in Canada, but if you'd like to shoot me an email I can now actually get back to you without procrastinating writing a letter for months.  So, my email is dwinters@myldsmail.net, for those that are interested.

Well, this week has been good.  I know that God has been in this work.  It is amazing to me that if we are praying for help and are living right, He will truly guide our paths, sometimes without us even knowing.  The work is true, I love this Church, and you all have a great week.

- Elder Daniel Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment