Monday, December 31, 2012

Elder Winters - December 31, 2012 新年快樂!


Hello everyone, I hope your Christmases were as great as mine was.  We spent most of the day at members' houses and even got a few people to go visit out of it.  Perfect.  And yes, I did get to Skype with my amazing family.  It was weird because in the few hours before we actually Skyped I was super nervous, which is pretty dumb considering now I'm not nervous to go knock on random people's houses and talk to them in Chinese about angels and visions and prophets and golden books and a lot of other things.  Anyway, I am down to my last phone call home until the Big Day arrives, which is also pretty nerve-wracking.  I'll make the time count, don't worry.  

Speaking of nerve-wracking, I had the extreme...pleasure of playing the organ for our congregation yesterday.  Thankfully, a ton of people were gone on vacation so they didn't have to bear it.  My favorite part in preparing to play was pressing every single button on that thing.  Oh wait, I didn't press the "chimes" button because that didn't sound the best.

Sweet story from church.  One English Class student is a super amazing investigator, though the only hitch is that she's going back to Japan on Thursday.  When she introduced herself in Sunday School, she said something like this: "Hey everyone, I met the missionaries a little while ago and they brought me here.  I'm from Japan, I'm going back in a few days to stay there for a few months, but then I'll come back here, and then...I'M GOING TO BE BAPTIZED!!!''  Which, needless to say, made us pretty psyched as the whole Sunday School class erupted in excited cries.  Yeah.  

So, that's a week in the life.  I hope you all have a Happy New Year.  This work is true, it's the best ever.  Have a good one.

- Elder Winters

魏長老 

Editor's note:  Here we are Skyping with Daniel on Christmas day.  He has never looked happier; he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment