Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Elder Winters - August 12, 2012


Hey everyone, there's a short note coming up, sorry about that.  This is the last week in the transfer, and it turns out that Elder Hui from Canada will be coming a week from tomorrow eh.  I think he just aboot knows Chinese, so that'll be good eh.  And he will probably a source of constant lame jokes for me.  Eh.  But, alas, it will be short lived because six weeks later Elder Li from Japan will arrive and I will most likely become his companion, due to the fact that he probably can't drive and I'd prefer to not be on a bike.  And I will still remain the only white kid in my district.   

Some cool stuff has been going on this week.  One of our investigators is heading back to Taiwan, where I hope my sister will get to baptize her.  Or at least see her.  Either way, it will happen.  I don't have too much time so I'll just leave you with a cool experience.  Last night before planning we went out to put a somewhat nice note on a neighbor's door.  I just felt the need to do it, so off we went.  And then, who would we run into but some Chinese lady (that does not happen very often at all at 9 o'clock at night and at our apartment complex).  And she turned out to be pretty potential!  This time, no joke.  She has relatives in Utah who love it there.  I thought that was cool, and I know we were supposed to run into her.  

This is the Lord's work.  The scriptures are true. They are the Lord's word.  They are awesome.  You all are awesome.  Have an awesome week.

- Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment