Thursday, March 8, 2012

Elder Daniel Winters - March 6, 2012


Hey everybody!  California is rocking and the work is on fire.  I wish I had more time, but I don't, so I'll just talk about something most guys are only interested in anyway: food.  Here is a short list of just a few things I've eaten in the past two weeks, and I hear it gets better:

Rice.  Too much. 
Lamb
Pig's Ear
A rice ball in a shriveled leaf as well as something that might have been oyster remains.
Kimchi, which is fermented cabbage.  Koreans love it for some reason.
Kimchi rice
Kimchi dumplings
A barrel of Kimchi
Some sort of soup with bones in it.  I'm not sure if I was supposed to eat those.
A bunch of seaweed.  It gives rice flavor, apparently.  All in all, not bad.
Kumquaats
And Eel.  With the skin on it.  Really, it just tastes like fish.  It seems the Chinese know what they're doing.

You all are great, thanks for your support, I'll get a longer letter in next time, and remember to choose the right.

Elder Winters
 
from the baptismal service this past Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment